Read the press release by David himself which explains the book and contains instructions on how to get a copy. Happy reading.
BIGGEST BEATLES MYSTERY SOLVED
Since the summer of 1962, Beatles fans have debated the topic of why The Beatles sacked Pete Best, and replaced him with Ringo. Since I first started writing about The Beatles, initially for the London Beatles Fan Club, and became part of the new British Beatles Fan Club as “Our Man in Liddypool”, this topic has fascinated me. In both of my books, “Liddypool” and “The Fab one hundred and Four”, I have examined this from every angle I could.
Following on from looking at all of the musicians who contributed to the evolution of The Beatles, my latest book is “Finding the Fourth Beatle”, with my friend Garry Popper, looking at every drummer who played with the group, from The Quarrymen in 1956, right up until 1970, and I have found 18 drummers!
But more than that, I have succeeded in my quest to find out what really happened in August 1962. The most important revelation is: Pete Best was not sacked/dismissed by Brian or The Beatles!
I know that sounds incredible, and goes against what he have always understood, but it is true, and can be supported by evidence from an eyewitness who was closely involved in the saga. The whole book is written in a new and exciting style, where we have tested eyewitnesses and every account, with each claim supported by evidence. It will rewrite Beatles history as we know it on several topics.
Finding The Fourth Beatle - Book/ Album
The is the story of The Beatles from 1956-1970 told through the 18 drummers, including Colin Hanton, Pete Best and Jimmie Nicol, and some you will not have heard of before: The Beatles’ crises; changes of musical direction, getting a record deal, and finding the drummer who would put the beat into The Beatles: Ringo Starr, the Fourth Beatle. It is:
- The story of all the 18 drummers
- Those who could have joined The Beatles, but didn’t
- Expert analysis of the Beatles drummers by drummers
- Why Brian Epstein didn't sign the Beatles first contract
- Why The Beatles failed the Decca audition
- Proof of whether The Beatles were under contract or not at Parlophone in June 62?
- Who was asked to replace Pete Best before Ringo, and how and when Ringo was asked
- Why Ringo became the Fourth Beatle and inspired a generation of drummers
- Double CD of over 40 tracks by the drummers, plus the Decca audition, Parlophone audition and much more
The book is being issued as a limited, numbered and signed edition of only 1000 and are already going fast, even before we launched the pledgefund site! See the latest issue of the BBFC mag for more info on the story.
To pre-order your copy, go to: https://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/finding-the-fourth-beatle
“Our Man in Liddypool”