~ by Edward Gough
Hot Sound Experience is a package consisting of V.I.P. ticket for front rows ( Row F ) and attending Paul McCartney pre show Sound Check Souvenir Out There Concert Pack. Ticket was expensive - £624.00. I questioned ticket provider regarding value for money and profiteering. Ticket provider gave plausible explanation for high prices, but did not justify cost. BUT I just had to see Paul in Liverpool and be near the stage and I happily overpaid to get ticket. I did not regret it.
Hot Sound Experience 28-05-2015.
- Staying in Hard Days Night Hotel, I phoned ticket provider at 8.30.a.m.to check time of Sound Check. Sound Check time was confirmed as 3.30 p.m.
- Arrived at Echo Arena 2.30 p.m. - several keen fans already there.
- Windy and cold now 3.30 p.m. with many fans from all over the world eager to get into warm Arena to see Paul.
- Allowed into Arena 3.30 p.m with lengthy security checks. 200 + fans presented with Hot Sound Experience Gift Souvenir Packages consisting of Out There Backpack programme, lanyard, water bottle, plectrum, bottle of water.
- 4.20 p.m. now in concert hall where it is interesting to see so many tour and arena staff preparing arena for fans.
- 5.00 p.m. fans impatient to see Paul and wondering why he is so late.
- Fans are told at 5.10 p.m. that Paul has been delayed due to a road traffic accident in the Mersey Tunnel.
- Paul arrives 5.30 p.m. to loud cheering and applause. Paul looks tired and apologises to crowd of 200+ fans and a 100 students from L.I.P.A. Paul says "Time to wake up." Paul tells audience this is a sound check where we play what we like, when we like and said sound check songs are not in show, but did play Lady Madonna in sound check and in show.
- Paul and band evidently enjoyed playing and singing the following songs. Audience thoroughly enjoyed hearing them: Honey Don't, Blue Suede Shoes, Paul sang a request from fan, Alligator, Every Night, C Moon, Let me In, Get Back. Bluebird, Penny Lane, strummed UKELELE, Lady Madonna, Midnight Special, It's so easy to fall in love.
- Paul acknowledged LI.P.A. students and thanked crowd.
Subjective Review: FAB .WELL WORTH THE PRICE IN MY OPINION. Paul was on stage for approximately one hour. Fab experience to see Paul perform live and informally in Liverpool to a small lucky crowd. Great event with lasting memories of an unique occasion. Cant Buy Me Love, but money did give me memories and a fabulous unforgettable experience of seeing Paul playing live Sound Check in Liverpool.